Warning :

Rhetoric Rants of a Mind Expressed.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Life's Quandaries

here i am again..
exchanging relentless stares with the screen.
relentless... so are my thoughts.
i wonder what things would be like a few years down the road. 10years probably..
what would i see when i turn around and just stare down my boulevard of past?

10years down the road where everything has changed.
no longer the same habitual routines..
no longer the same regular teen..
10years down the road where we're out of college and the world is in our hands..
and the responsibility of our life, on our shoulders.
10years down the road where we can only afford to reminisce about our past years.
10years too late to relive our early lives..

would we reminisce in a heaving sigh of remorse?
or would we glow in a smile at the journey we traveled..

have we done all that is needed?
have we said all that should be heard?

10years down the road... where we stand, is because of the steps we take today..
or perhaps the steps we did not take..

i wouldn't want to look back only to say "if i had only.... then things might be different"
probably bettter, maybe worse..
what about things left unsaid?
what about things left undone?
things we were denied from expressing
which leads to capitulated life we might not have seeked?

what if we had that one chance to express our internalised thoughts and emotions?
expressing our hearts one true and genuine sentiment that we never had a chance to..
will things be different 10years down the road?
would we be emancipated from the conformities that we complied and allowed ourselves into?

10years down the road, what would we want to see in ourselves, in our lives?
if we knew what is to come,
would we take that one needed step of amendmet
even if our situation suppresses and denies it?
would you comply and relinquish yourself to the demands of our society..family..friends?

what would you do, if you had a second chance??



*drop in comments and share your personal thoughts

1 comment:

  1. My comment might not be revelant to the questions you have asked, but your post intrigues my thoughts :)
    To constantly think of how things ought to be different, should I have done this or that..wouldn't it be rather bothering to one's mind?
    It unnecessarily discommodes one's mind's ability to earn the attribute of amelioration. Yes, to me, improvement is virtue. I find it repelling for someone to frequently lament about what past had been deplored of what. I'd look at where I'm standing right now my friend, I have yet to walk ten miles, but I have walked a mile in these shoes. When my soles wear off, Id take off those shoes, and look back at the footprints I have made, look at the blemish. It is still possible to rediscover opportunies to alter the features of my new pair of kicks so that it'd be able travel another mile further this time!

    ReplyDelete